2018 was a such a good year for me. It was a crazy year of growth. I had many big life changes, accomplished major goals, but as everyone does, I also made mistakes along the way and had to learn from them.
A look back at 2018…
January – I started my last semester of college.
February – April – pretty much everything from the beginning of my semester through April was just studying and hustling incredibly hard.
May – Graduated with my degree! After working full time and going to school full time (at a school an 1+ hours away from where I lived), to say I was happy I was done is an understatement.
June – The Washington Capitals won the Stanley Cup and I just about died from happiness. Also, Donnie got the opportunity to transfer down to Wilmington, NC for his job and you wouldn’t believe how fast we jumped on it!
July – We looked for and got a place to live in Wilmington.
August- We officially moved to Wilmington! Side Note: When we moved, I kept my job in Virginia and transformed it into a telework position. So much adjusting has been happening in that aspect of my life since.
September – Hurricane Florence hit only 2 weeks after moving and we were forced to evacuate our new home and hoped for the best when we returned. (We were incredibly lucky!)
October- Decided to finally start the blog I’ve wanted to start since I was in high school.
November – December – Still trying to adjust to our new life, teleworking, figuring out how to run a blog and also having the busiest season of work yet. I also bought a new car.
So many amazing things have happened in 2018. I learned, accomplished, grew, gained and kept moving forward no matter what. In 2019, I want to continue to grow in every aspect in my life.
Going forward in 2019…
Setting goals and resolutions for a new year is the #1 thing people do. This year I’ve decided instead of setting just goals or resolutions, I’m going to set INTENTIONS and goals.
So, what is the difference between goals and intentions? Goals are WHAT you want to achieve in the future, while intentioned are HOW you will act in the present to achieve your goals.
Intentions for 2019:
1. Believe – I will believe in myself and believe I will reach my goals because I believe in myself.
2. Balance – I will consciously create balance in between my work and personal life.
3. Be Present – I will spend less time look at screens and more time being present to everything around me.
4. Get Active – I will create a weekly plan and get moving 5 days of the week.
5. Track – I will update my intentions monthly throughout 2019 so I don’t loose track of where I am and where I want to be.
6. Speak – Say what I feel needs to be said. Speak up for myself and for others.
Goals for 2019:
1. Make significant growth in my work life.
2. Work towards living a healthier lifestyle by getting active 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes a day and feeding my body to heal instead of to harm.
3. Save for a house and actually SAVE MONEY for this specific goal.
4. Step out of my comfort zone when occasions arise my own mind is holding me back from.
So, while setting goals is important to move you forward, setting intentions are even more important. Intentions are the cause to the effect. Intentions are what make us feel full upon reaching a goal.
What intentions will you be setting for 2019?
“It’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey.”